Thursday, March 17, 2011

We Pull Out All The Stops on St. Pat's, Do The Irish?









Happy St. Pat's: One Hour 'til the fun begins!

It's a beautiful morning here in Savannah; a cool 54 degrees but the sun is shining so I'll bet we see high 70's today! Propped up in bed ready to watch the parade with the sick kiddo who is determined to spread her germs by laying as close as is humanly possible :).
I have several friends braving the crowds today so I should have some great pics when the fun starts. Question, why do Americans celebrate St. Patrick's Day in such an exuberant style? I've been told by friends from Ireland that their celebrations aren't like ours, at all! So, Irish or been to Ireland around March 17th? Give me the scoop; inquiring minds want to know!

REMEMBER! Contest all day in honor of St. Patrick's Day. I'm blogging throughout the day with updates on Savannah's festivities and ensuing mayhem :)
Best way to insure you win prizes? Check in and leave comments after the posts and pics. Mention that you Retweeted/Fb share and you'll get extra entries!

2 comments:

  1. Happy St. Paddy's Day Rachel! It is also my great aunt's birthday, or would be if she was still here. Tomorrow is/would be my dad's birthday but it is also my #3 granddaughter's 2nd birthday! I love that she was born on my dad's day because her mamma was born on my mom's birthday (May 10).
    Have fun (hope the kiddo feels better soon and you don't share germs with her).

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool! I wanna win! I'm an Irish girl and salute you for your celebratory spirit. Off to tweet now. Watch for it.

    Erin Go Bragh!

    --Kerri Nelson
    a/k/a celtickerri

    ReplyDelete