Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Recommended Reads!

More Jewel of the Night series books. I'm sorry, but if my TBR list has to grow then so does yours! I can't be the only one not getting anything done because her nose is stuck in a book!

First up is
Flawless by Jana Richards
France, 1942. The world is at war. The Nazis have stolen the infamous blue diamond, Le Coeur Bleu, intending to barter it for weapons that will destroy the Allies. Jewel thief Hunter Smith is given a choice: help the French Resistance steal back the diamond and avenge the death of his best friend, or stay locked up in an English prison. He chooses revenge.
Resistance fighter Madeleine Bertrand’s husband died when he was betrayed by Hunter Smith. How can she now pretend to be married to the arrogant American? How can she betray Jean Philippe’s memory by her passionate response to Hunter’s kisses?
Neither is prepared for the maelstrom of attraction that erupts between them. To survive they must uncover the mysteries of the past and conquer the dangers of the present. But first Madeleine must decide whether her loyalties lie with her dead husband and the Resistance or with the greatest love of her life.
Set in WWII era France! I have to read this!! I love the 1940's. Sigh, the TBR pile is going to hit the ceiling soon; the cyber ceiling that is ;) Excerpt Jana's Website

Murder, Mi Amore by Cara Marsi
Lexie Cortese is in Rome to forget. The last thing she expects is to meet a sexy Interpol agent who suspects her of being part of a terrorist plot involving a stolen diamond. Suddenly thrust into a world of murders, muggings, and kidnappings, Lexie doesn’t know what to think—or who to believe.
Dominic Brioni’s assignment is simple. Befriend the American and bring her to justice. Only Lexie seems like the most unlikely terrorist Dominic has ever met. Sweet, determined, and direct, she faces life with courage and fire, a fire that sparks his protective instincts and a longing for something more—something he allowed himself to hope for only once before.
But that woman betrayed him, and his boss isn’t about to let him forget it. With his career on the line and Lexie in danger, will Dominic learn to trust his heart before they both get killed?
I saw this book's trailer and I was hooked. It is already sitting on my reader waiting for me to get my behind in gear and meet my word count goal; I don't get my reward (books) unless I get my work done :) Excerpt Cara' s website

To Love a Thief by Cherie De Sues
When a beautiful thief steals the French Blue diamond from security expert Nick Corelli's personal Pandora safe, his only lead is the sensual minx who was his dinner companion just hours before.
But no one is who they pretend to be, as Nick learns when he discovers a gut-wrenching betrayal and forms an unlikely alliance with a family of thieves. Following more twists and turns than an Italian country road, Nick risks his own reputation and family business in the name of love.
Or is it? Once her family is safe, will the elusive Clarisse decide to vanish with both the diamond and his heart, leaving him behind amid the ruins? (Sigh, yes, I want to read this one too! It's the Italian country roads, the play on To Catch a Thief, the family of thieves ... puts me in mind of Cary Grant and Grace Kelly; I'm powerless to resist, really, I am!) Excerpt Cherie's website

Trail of the Tudor Blue by Gwen Roman

For straight-and-narrow art restorer Ardis Bellamy, a trip to the South of France to reclaim a historic blue diamond necklace should have been only mildly nerve wracking. Understatement. In order to succeed, she's going to have to learn whom she can and can't trust, give the thugs who are chasing her the slip, and decide whether her growing relationship with sexy "recovery agent" James Tate is worth risking everything for -- or whether he's been double-crossing her all along. This is coming soon, but looks really, really good: check out the excerpt! Excerpt

And last, but absolutely not least, Charade of Hearts by Sharon Donovan

While scuba diving off the coast of Diamond Head with her diving partner on a quest to find a family heirloom, underwater photographer Dominique St. John witnesses his brutal murder and photographs it, ensnaring her in a deadly jewel ring. Then when the investigating officer turns out to be her partner’s identical twin, a man she knew nothing about, her life becomes a Charade of Hearts.
Welcome to the world of greed, intrigue, deception and murder. At its core is a blue diamond worth millions.
As honest as his twin was corrupt, Honolulu Homicide Detective Oliver Carvalho must convince Dominique that her diving partner and best friend was a crook. In a race against time, Oliver must rescue her from a ruthless killer, but his biggest challenge proves to be Dominique herself. Her heart has been torn by betrayal and can only be redeemed with love. (I sooo want to read this; imagine the inner conflict of a hero who has to deal with the fact that his twin was a thief while he is sworn to uphold the law! Definitely on my TBR list) Excerpt Sharon's website

Oh, and since Sharon was last on the list today, I can take the time to tell you about a blog she runs along with Hywela Lyn and Mary Ricksen. It's called Author Roast and Toast: have you visited? Flippin' hilarious!

I go every Friday to see who is being roasted and in what creative way the ladies have prepared the dining room. I love it so much that I've offered myself up for the feast, as it were :). Stop by here, 'cuz ya know I'd be plain stupid not to feature my own Jewel of the Night, lol! Then click on the link and join my party at Author Roast and Toast: I've a tiny idea of what they've come up with but ... I'm not telling!
Well, I did tell them that Ring of Lies takes place in Savannah during our wild and crazy (think Mardi Gras) St. Patrick's Day festivities and that my heroine Ivy is a neo-hippie so perhaps my virtual party will have a bit o' the Irish theme?

Until tomorrow, Peace, Love ... and Erin Go Bragh, ya'll!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Rachel -

    Great feature on the Jewel Of The Night series, and 'Ring Of Lies' sounds great!

    Looking forward to Roasting you tomorrow, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delightful mix of takes on a single shared concept - a blue diamond! Just proves that while they say there are no New Stories, there are tons of New Ways to Tell Them!

    And I'll be watching for that roast!

    Denise Golinowski

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel,

    Thanks for highlighting the Jewel of the Night series. I'm in the presence of some very talented writers. I've noted the titles of each one and my Kindle is ready. Thank you again.

    ReplyDelete